Please join us for the 3rd Annual D-Town Brew-Down Home Brew Competition at Minquas Fire Company! October 30th 1-5pm
Taste a wide variety of home-brewed beer, meet the brewers, and vote for your favorite! The People’s Choice Award Winner will be brewed by local brewery Locust Lane Craft Brewery, and available for sale!
Come on down for a day of great beer, awesome music, delicious food, and serious fun!
A $5.00 NON DRINKER TICKET WILL BE SOLD THE DAY OF AT EVENT
Your ticket is tax deductible (save EIN# in confirmation email)
Please consider an additional donation to support the Downingtown Library when you buy your ticket!
Thank you for your support!
Downingtown Library Update 6/1/21
Please see information below about updates to Downingtown Library policy, and please help us remain open by complying with all the library visit requirements! Thank you all so much for your patience as we’ve weathered this difficult year. We look forward to seeing you in person!
- Starting June 1 2021, the Hessinger Study Room, Miller Children’s Play Area, Krapf Program Room, restrooms, and limited seating will reopen. NOTE: Hessinger Study Room reservations must be made online: https://ccls.libcal.com/space/68485
- LIBRARY HOURS UPDATE: The library will be closed on Sundays.
- COVID-19: Do not enter the library if you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 and are in the isolation period, are waiting on a COVID-19 test, or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19 and have been told to quarantine.
- COMPUTERS: 3 socially-distanced public computers are available on a first come/first serve basis for a 60 minute session maximum, once per day per patron. No extensions are available due to fewer numbers of computers available. Very limited computer help is available as staff need to remain socially-distant from patrons. Patrons are encouraged to bring a helper if they need one.
- BROWSING: Browsing of the entire library collection is available. Please keep your visit as brief as possible to allow as many patrons to visit the library as possible throughout the day. Please wait to enter the library or vacate the library if needed to honor occupancy limits when directed by staff.
- MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCING: The Downingtown Library COVID Policy requests that all unvaccinated patrons and staff wear a face-mask over their mouth and nose for the duration of their visit to the library. You may go without a mask if you are 2 weeks past your COVID-19 vaccine. (Downingtown Library COVID-19 Policy)
- LIBRARY TO GO CURBSIDE PICKUP: Continues! (http://downingtownlibrary.org/…/contactless-holds-pickup/)
- PROGRAMS: Continue virtually and in person, outside or inside the library by the children’s area or in Krapf Program Room. (https://ccls.libcal.com/calendar/Downingtown)
- ITEM RETURNS: Please return all items in the library book returns outside or inside.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Pennsylvania Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/
Chester County Health Department: https://www.chesco.org/224/Health
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
Please give to the 2021 Downingtown Library Summer Appeal! Your gift will ensure all community members are able to read, learn, connect, and grow at their library!
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
Monday: 9am – 6pm
Tuesday: 9am – 8pm
Wednesday: 9am – 6pm
Thursday: 9am – 6pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 4pm
The Library follows the Downingtown Area School District schedule for closures and delayed openings due to inclement weather.
The Library will be closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day (Sept. 5 & 6 2021), Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Veterans’ Day, Eve before Thanksgiving (close at 5pm), Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Day after Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
Downingtown Library 122 Wallace Ave. Downingtown, PA 19335
Use the links below to access Pennsylvania’s electronic library
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
The mission of the Friends of the Downingtown Library is to promote and support the programs and operations of the library through a variety of fundraisers, most notably the semi-annual book sales, as well as through community outreach. In 2019, the Friends contributed nearly $18,000 to the Downingtown Library.