“Library To Go:” Downingtown Library Contactless Holds Pickup Service
Schedule a slot to pick up your holds in the vestibule of the Downingtown Library!
How does it work?
- Patrons with new holds will have a link in the notification email they get that their hold is ready to pickup that will take them to scheduling software. Patrons with holds already on the shelf from the closure will be able to schedule a pickup by visiting: https://bit.ly/manageholds. Patrons can also use this link to manage their scheduled holds pickup appointments. If no dates or times show up in the drop-down menus, this means there are no appointments available. Please check back frequently as appointments slots are added and open up as the week progresses! IMPORTANT: Please only make one appointment if you receive multiple holds notices- all of your holds ready for pickup at Downingtown Library on the day of your appointment will be placed in your bag so you can pick them up together!
- Choose your time from the available slots.
- When you arrive at Downingtown Library for your scheduled pickup time, please come into the library vestibule, wearing a required mask! If you are unable to wear a mask, please send someone else to pick up your holds or call the library to make other arrangements. If another person is in the vestibule, please wait at least 6 feet away from the entrance until they exit before entering. (Downingtown Library does not offer curbside vehicle drop-off service as some other Chester County Library System libraries do- each CCLS library operates their system differently.)
- Enter the vestibule, and pick up the bag labeled with your name, and take your items home! Please be sure you picked up the correct bag!
- Items are checked out to your account on the day you schedule pickup. If you don’t pick up your items on the day you scheduled, items will be checked back in, and you’ll need to place new holds if you still want them. As this is a shared service with limited availability for all patrons, please call us promptly or log in to https://bit.ly/manageholds if you need to cancel your reservation so other patrons can schedule!
- Fees for items like DVDs and Audiobooks ($2 rental fee) will be added to your account as fines. Please pay these fees online through your online account or call the library at (610) 269-2741 to pay by credit card over the phone. Cash is not accepted at this time.
- Please return all items to either outdoor book drop, which are open 24/7.
- Please do not microwave or sanitize items with liquids in any way- patrons will be charged for any damage to library materials. All Chester County System libraries are quarantining item returns for at least 3 days- during this time, you will still see that material on your library account, but no fines will be accumulating. (Studies cited by National Institutes of Health, CDC, and IMLS note that the virus is only detectable on cardboard and plastic surfaces up to 3 days maximum.) If you are concerned about contamination of your holds, feel free to leave your hold items in the provided paper bags for additional days.
- The quarantine process will significantly increase the wait time for material arriving from other Chester County Member Libraries. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Need help placing a hold? You can place a hold online using your account, by email, or by calling (610) 269-2741.
- Thank you so much for your patience as we adjust to new services and staff procedures. Please know that we are doing everything we can to help ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and patrons.