Downingtown Library reopens to public 3/29/21
Hi all! We are thrilled to welcome patrons back inside the Downingtown Library for browsing, computer access, copying, printing! Please read the information below to prepare for your visit- and please help us remain open by complying with all the library visit requirements! Thank you all so much for your patience as we’ve weathered this difficult year. We look forward to seeing you in person!
- COVID-19: Do not enter the library if you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 and are in the isolation period, are waiting on a COVID-19 test, or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19 and have been told to quarantine.
- COMPUTERS: 3 socially-distanced public computers are available on a first come/first serve basis for a 30 minute session maximum, once per day per patron. No extensions are available due to fewer numbers of computers available. Very limited computer help is available as staff need to remain socially-distant from patrons. Patrons are encouraged to bring a helper if they need one.
- BROWSING: 15 minute browsing of the whole library collection. Please keep your visit as brief as possible to allow as many patrons to visit the library as possible throughout the day. Please wait to enter the library or vacate the library if needed to honor occupancy limits when directed by staff.
- CLOSED AREAS: The Miller Family children’s play area, Krapf program room, Hessinger study room, and restrooms remain closed.
- MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCING: The Downingtown Library COVID Policy requires that all patrons over the age of 2 wear a face-mask over their mouth and nose for the duration of their visit to the library. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, please contact the library and we will try to accommodate you. Please practice Social Distancing of 6 feet while in the library, and do not enter the library vestibule for Library To Go curbside pickup if another patron is already inside. (http://downingtownlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/DLC-COVID-19-Policy-8.20.20.pdf)
- LIBRARY TO GO CURBSIDE PICKUP: Continues! (http://downingtownlibrary.org/…/contactless-holds-pickup/)
- PROGRAMS: Continue virtually, with in-person programs coming soon. (https://ccls.libcal.com/calendar/Downingtown)
- ITEM RETURNS: Please return all items in the library book returns outside.
- LIBRARY OPEN HOURS: Library open hours will remain the same: Mon., Wed., Th.: 11AM-6PM; Tues. 11AM-8PM; Fri. 11AM-5PM; Sat. 11AM-4PM; Sun. 12-4PM.
- FISH FRIENDS: Please be sure to say hello to our new fish friends with a wave! Maybe you can even spot the baby Cichlids! Please don’t tap or bang on the fish tank- it scares our fishy friends!
Please contact the library at email@example.com or 610-269-2741 with any questions! Thank you!
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please check the following public health agencies, sources of reliable, up-to-date information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
Pennsylvania Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/
Chester County Health Department: https://www.chesco.org/224/Health
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
The Friends of the Downingtown Library will be hosting an
OUTDOOR WHITE ELEPHANT SALE on
SATURDAY, MAY 15TH FROM 9AM TO 3PM
Please come by and shop for some unique finds and support the library!
*Also note that there will be no parking available in the library lot that day from 8am-4pm. Parking is available in the Kerr Park and charter school lots*
Questions: contact Sue Poppe – firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid Precautions: The Library is not held liable for the spread of infections. Vendors and attendees are asked to adhere to CDC and PA State guidelines for outdoor events regarding the wearing of masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizing.
HOURS & DIRECTIONS
Monday: 11am – 6pm
Tuesday: 11am – 8pm
Wednesday: 11am – 6pm
Thursday: 11am – 6pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 11am – 4pm
The Library follows the Downingtown Area School District schedule for closures and delayed openings due to inclement weather.
The Library will be closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Veterans’ Day, Eve before Thanksgiving (close at 5pm), Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Day after Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
Downingtown Library 122 Wallace Ave. Downingtown, PA 19335
Use the links below to access Pennsylvania’s electronic library
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
The mission of the Friends of the Downingtown Library is to promote and support the programs and operations of the library through a variety of fundraisers, most notably the semi-annual book sales, as well as through community outreach. In 2019, the Friends contributed nearly $18,000 to the Downingtown Library.